Friday, September 14, 2012

Interesting day...

Yesterday I went to the Waco Wetlands for a day of photography. I found several things that I expected to find, but I was surprised to witness a few things that I had never seen before. First, my photo friend and I noticed a bee that seemed to be stuck in some greenery. I leaned in to take a closer look, and discovered that the "greenery" was actually a Praying Mantis. It was having the Bumble Bee for breakfast. The scene made for some interesting photos that not just everyone wants to look at, but it was something that most people will never see in their lives, so I photographed anyway. The bee eventually escaped, but was injured so it probably died soon after escaping. The Praying Mantis then did another thing that most people will never see. Did you know that they fly? This one had yellow wings, but I saw a brown Praying Mantis two days earlier that flew, and it had some interesting color in it's wings. No matter how busy you are today, I hope this article will encourage you to take time to stop and look at the "little things" in life. God has a lot of little surprises out there for all of us to see. Take time to look for them and you will be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment